Tuesday 2 February 2016

Iheanacho! Iheanacho! Iheanacho! Iheanacho! Iheanacho!

'Since the retirement of Jay Jay Okocha and Kanuuuuuuuuu I have struggled to watch the Super Eagles of Nigeria'
 
In recent years watching the Nigerian National Team play has become a chore, they are usually very bland and offer little excitement.  Jay Jay and all the talented players of his generation have long retired and left us with very average players. A few years ago though while watching the U17 competition I and many others found the best player Nigeria will have in the next 15 years, Mr Kelechi Iheanacho. This guy can become the best African player since Mr. George Weah in my opinion. He has technical ability, vision, guile, finishing and composure. The only thing that can stop this man is nothing. Yes, Nothing can stop him. He kept me on the edge of my seat with his 6 goals and 7 assists, he was phenomenal to watch.
What can stop him?
Injuries? never, Ronaldo "the phenomenon" had numerous injuries and was still able to have a very successful career.
Partying? Ronaldinho was a notorious party man, he was also able to have an excellent career.
Bad Boy Attitude? Cue in Diego Maradona.      
My point is I do not see how Iheanacho will not become a great player Pep coming in to coach City will also be a massive boost for him. Pep is usually different class when it comes to handling young players, I hope he sees the potential in Iheanacho. In 2008, Pep allowed a certain Messi to go represent his country at the Beijing Olympics, when he returned he became different class. Something in my head is also telling me that this is an Olympic year, Iheanacho is left footed (like Messi) ooh my! lol!
Seriously, I have watched this kid play for 3 years now, I even watched some Elite Academy games and I am certain he is the real deal. Okay, maybe he might never become as great as El phenomenon who by his age was scoring 42 goals for PSV but he will at least rank amongst the greatest in the next 5 years (QUOTE ME).
I am an Arsenal fan (currently looking for a Nigerian team to support) but I am certain that many Nigerians will become City fans or make City their second team because of this lad.  
 Iheanacho! Iheanacho! Iheanacho! the great Nigerian hope :)

And for those debating on making him a permanent feature for the Super Eagles, Stop it! Stop it! All the greats started playing for the senior team early; he should also be in this year's
Olympic team squad. Click here for articles on the boy, and here too hehe!-- follow him on @67kelechi on twitter. 
Pictures from Dailymail and other sources :)
 




  


No comments:

Post a Comment