Sunday 17 February 2013

Much ado about my problems

I wonder at what point the spider sisters decided not to feel bad about the situation they were born into? I wonder when they decided to get up and make a living off their disability?  I wonder!

I look at them (spider sisters) and all my so called 'problems' are put into perspective. I moan about life, complain about being african, I wonder if we are cursed, I knock about asking myself what my country has to offer me, I wonder what I have to offer my country... hmm-

Maybe it is because I look around and see many of my friends still unemployed five years after graduation running around 'hustling'. Then it strikes me - NO No NO I have never heard my government setting out to create deliberate policies with the aim of tackling unemployment. I have come to the conclusion that I have no confidence in my governments ability ot will to turn things around. But is there any hope? Do we need to revolt?  OR can it be that I and my friends are just plain dumb or unemployable?

It cannot be that we are dumb the government is responsible- I realised this after watching the state of the union the other day that the government has to take charge and must feel responsible if things aren't working. A government is meant to be responsible to its people or it defeats the aim of governance. 

I have returned back home to Nigeria after four years to practically the same issues. I have decided to keep a diary of how my days go, I am sure it will be good fun.

I have also decided not to shave until I get my 1st interview- starting off by applying to NGO's because I feel they are the only fair option (Government ministries take as much as 500, 000 naira bribes to get young people into vacant advertised government roles :( ). Darn I wish Daddy was rich- lol!

It is surely going to be one hell of a ride.

Forgive my spelling mistakes, I shall be more careful as the days go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment